Thursday, July 3, 2014

How To Miter Borders on a Quilt with Fat Quarter Shop


Happy Thursday my quilty friends!
I have a confession to make - mitering borders has always been a challenge for me. They look so nice since it perfectly joins a nice stripe or directional print at a 45-degree angle, but it's not that easy. Last year I finally had to conquer mitering, and with some time and practice, I can now say it's part of my quilting skill set. In this video, I will show you my mitering technique, and trust me you'll be mitering in no time with these simple tips and tricks.





10 comments:

Accroquilt said...

Thank you! I have tried it and it is really nice.

Susie said...

Fabulous tutorial. Thank you.

Michelle said...

Wow looks easier than I thought. Thanks for another great tutorial.

Suzanne Scarola said...

Great! Will save this tutorial.

pandchintz said...

Great tutorial Kimberly, thank you.

Shelley Jo said...

Great tut!! It looks easier than I thought. Must try!

Carol Page said...

This tutorial was fantastic-I have now mitered my first quilt border and it looks great! Thanks so much!

Scojean said...

I love this tutorial. Its made mitering corners clearer for me. But I have a question. Is there a formula for how much extra you need to add to the ends? Seems to me a 6" border would need more than a 3" border, right? Thanks in advance!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Thanks for sharing this tutorial, I've always wanted to know how to do this!

Angela S said...

Thanks for this tutorial. I'm currently planning to use several borders and have been nervous about it. You just helped build my confidence!

I miss all of you at FQS!
Angela.