2015 Summer Book Club: Teach Me to Applique by Pat Sloan

Welcome back to our Summer Book Club! We're chatting about Pat Sloan's newest book, Teach Me to Applique. Read on to learn more about her book. 

Q: What inspired you to create this book?
A: I love fusible appliqué and I'm on a quest to share how easy, fun and freeing it is to create quilts with appliqué! I also teach it at workshops across the country and wanted to be able to put in my 'class' in a book. I give you the step by step directions plus tips and tricks that I teach. Since I can't get around to meet everyone, my book is a way to teach you one of my favorite types of appliqué.

Q: What is your favorite project from the book?
A: The Farmer's Market Quilt, hands down! My grandmother worked at a farmer's market all her life, so it was a magical place for me to visit. All the sounds of and smells, all the yummy goodies! As an adult I crave getting to a farmer's market and just soaking up the feel of it… and buying some amazing tomatoes! I'm starting a year long sew along in July, one block a month. I will be hosting it at my blog and my Facebook group, hope you join in!

Q: Did you learn anything from creating this book?
A: This is my 31st book, and the first book with my new publisher Martingale. I'm thrilled with the outcome. the book is gorgeous and has all the teaching points laid out so nicely you can learn right from it! 

Q: So what's next for Pat Sloan?
A: I'm working on he final edits for my next book to be released in the fall, booking great guests for my Radio/Podcast, designing quilts for my next fabric line that will be in your shop in February, and I'm designing my next Free Mystery Block of the Month for 2016, it's a fun summer of designing quilts!

Labels: ,